Monday, April 23, 2012

Products NOT to use with a spray tan

I have to admit that I'm enjoying my day off by being totally lazy today. I don't think I've moved off of my couch once! But then I started to feel a little guilty. I should be doing something. So after browsing Pinterest for what to make for dinner, I figured I'd write a little blog post to make myself feel more productive. So here goes!

I talked a little the other day about how an airbrush tan fades, and what to use to make it last longer. What I didn't mention was what not to use. The following products will lighten your tan or make it blotchy:

-Dove shower gel or soap (mineral or petroleum oil based products will fade your tan
-Hair Inhibiting Lotions such as Jergens
-Anti-aging products that exfoliate skin
-Toners containing Witch Hazel or Alcohol
-AHA’s (Alpha Hydroxy Acids), Glycolic, Lactic, Malic, Citric, and Tartaric Acids
-BHA’s (Beta Hydroxy Acids-Salicylic Acid)
-Curel lotion  
-Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renovate, Tazorac, and Trefinoin)
-Band-Aids or adhesive tape 
-Antibacterial bar soaps
-Adhesive facial strips 
-Makeup remover cleaning products or oils used to clean away eye makeup
-Anti-acne products that exfoliate the skin-Accutane or Salicylic Acid 
-Use of loofa or a scrub mitt etc. 
-Depilatory hair removal products …Nair, Veet, Neet 
-Facial masks or exfoliating scrubs
-Body hair bleach products 
-Wax hair removal
-Submersion in a hot tub, swimming pool with chlorine, salt water even a long hot bath 
-Shaving exfoliates the skin therefore fading the tan. Clients should use a new and clean razor with a lubricating product such as hair conditioner. Wash off conditioner when done. A dull razor will scrape off the tan.
-Bug spray. Spray into the air and walk through it rather than spraying directly onto skin 
-Women’s tans may also develop differently during various hormonal occurrences (ovulation, menstruation, pregnancy). It may be a streaky, patchy, fade worse or produce a lighter or no color.


I know it seems like a lot when it's all listed like that. It's really not that hard to keep an airbrush tan. Just use a good moisturizer, avoid those products, and your tan will reach it's full potential. 


Now onto being lazy for the day again. I feel much better. "See...I did something today!" 


I'm not the only one who enjoys afternoons on the couch. Anna & Kitty do too!
Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment