Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Skinny Couture Tanning Lotion Review: Devoted Creations

I decided to use another tanning lotion sample that was sent to me. Actually I've used 2 in the last couple of weeks, but I'm going to start with Skinny Couture's review and let you guys wait on the other one.

The front of the bottle reads: Skinny Couture Envision it...Be it! Ultimate bronzing formula with the most advanced skinny ingredients. Gluten and oil free.

What are "skinny ingredients?" It doesn't really say. It lists: Body Fit- to reduce cellulite, Matrixly-to prevent lines and wrinkles, Revita Fit- to tone and tighten. But what exactly is in body fit, Matrixly, and Revita-fit...who knows.

I have to admit that I was excited to try Skinny Couture because the packaging is just too stinkin' cute! My obsession with pink and animal print isn't really acceptable to wear or decorate with at my age, but I still love it. So why not have a pink leopard print lotion bottle satisfy my inner diva?

Sadly, the cute bottle is all this lotion has to offer. As soon as I opened it I felt like I was hit in the face with a bouquet of flowers. Don't get me wrong, I love the smell of fresh flowers. But this was floral overload. Holy Floral Batman! Waaayy too much. I put it on anyway, hoping that the smell would fade at least a little during my tanning session. It didn't.

This lotion is bright white in color and was very thin. It wasn't hard to rub in, but I don't know that that was a good thing. It was a weird texture for lotion: watery and a little like slime.

After I was all lathered up I turned on the bed and hoped for the best. For 15 minutes I smelled like baking flowers. After about 5 minutes I felt like I was literally glued to the tanning bed! I was starting to get so sticky that my skin was making sounds against the acrylic every time I moved. Have you ever sat on leather seats with shorts on in the summer? It was like the sound that your legs make against the leather when you get up. Ick, not good.

After my tanning session was over I started to get dressed. My clothes were sticking to me. I felt like double sided tape. When I sat down at my desk there was a little piece of paper by my computer. When I put my arm down, that little piece of paper stuck to it. That's how sticky I was! I took a picture to prove it.
I can't give an honest review of the color I got from this lotion. I was so miserable from being so sticky and everything clinging to me that I wiped my entire body off with wet wipes. I would've showered if I were home, but I was stuck at work for 8 more hours. And there was no way I would've been able to stand that the rest of the day.

Maybe I'm just way too picky about lotion? Maybe I was just being a big baby and a little too harsh? So I decided to do a little Google search to see what others were saying about this lotion. I found the exact same things that I was saying. Too floral, entirely too sticky. Just all together bad.

This lotion gets a F- in my grade book. I will not be ordering any, and would not recommend it to anyone. No one that I actually like anyway. Ha, just kidding.

In this situation, the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover." Proves true. Don't judge a lotion by its bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment