Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Wear Darker Makeup with a Darker Tan

Did everyone have a happy Easter? I got to enjoy the day with my family while I stuffed my face with way too much ham. But what's a holiday without lots of food right?

Speaking of food, I have an unhealthy addiction to the recipe section on Pinterest.com. Since Monday's are part of my weekend, I usually spend them making some sort of amazing dish I find on there. Yesterday I decided I was in the mood to bake. I'm slightly ashamed to say that these happened in my kitchen last night. The really bad thing is that I skipped my Zumba class just to make these babies. Oops.
Oh yeah, that would be a graham cracker crust, cheesecake center, and chocolate chip cookie dough on top. They are SO good. If you're on a diet, just look at the picture. If you're not and don't mind indulging, here's the recipe. You'll either thank me or hate me for it.

By the way, use an 8 x 8 pan. I used an 8x12 so my layers were thinner. :(

Ok, enough about yummy food and back to the the original purpose of this post. I've seen too many pictures lately of really beautiful airbrush tans. But, one thing is wrong. While the tan is great, the faces are white.

If you're wanting your tan to be at least one shade darker than your current skin tone, you'll need to wear darker makeup. It's not a good look to have a tan neck and a white face! This also goes for women who prefer not to have their face tanned. Either way, your regular makeup just isn't going to look right with your newly bronzed skin.

You don't necessarily have to invest in an entire new compact of makeup. You can even use a bronzer on top of your regular makeup to darken it up enough to match. I recommend applying it in natural sunlight to make sure you get the right shade. (Open up those blinds!) The color will look different in natural light than it does in your bathroom light.

My favorite is So Baked Bronzer by Hard Candy. And guess what? It's from Walmart and it's $7.00. It comes in several shades and isn't overly shiny. I personally don't care for the shimmery bronzers. I feel like it's highlighter for my forehead. I love Hard Candy's eye shadow too!


If you're wanting to spend a little more, Sephora also has a bronzer that isn't too shimmery and has great color to go with an airbrush tan. It's call Too Face Chocolate Soleil Bronzing Powder, and it's $29.00. It only comes in one color, but it's easy to customize by applying a little more for darker tans, or just a light coat for medium tans.

Another good thing about an airbrush tan is that you don't need to wear as much foundation anyway! The tan itself covers most imperfections, so all you'll need is a little bronzer, some mascara and eye shadow, and you're good to go! And if you're like me, I love anything that saves me a little time in the morning. That just means I can sleep later!

No comments:

Post a Comment